Monday, March 3, 2014

Life Drawing in Colour

 (11x14)

Went to a figure drawing session yesterday morning at Crush bar (no, I did not drink!) and drew with oil pastels... These are approximately 30 minutes each on Canson paper. I like the feel of oil pastels over regular, chalk pastels for their tactile relationship to oil paint, and the ability to stretch, blend and stick the colour without the fragile volatility of chalk...

(11x14)

Figure drawing from life is a good practice to do regularly if you can; working from a three dimensional, living, breathing (and ever-moving) subject is a challenge that sharpens your observational senses and hones your eye-to-hand skills as a painter... Model: Julie Webb, Portland, OR






2 comments:

  1. I said "Like" in Facebook and repeat: Love it!

    Great work, I´m still learning, your painting is an inspiration.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pastel work! I hope you don't mind, but I'm linking people from my own blog to this, as it can't be missed! Love those cool greens on those figures

    ReplyDelete